Lunar Markets Pyrmont

Thursday, February 11, 2016

It's the Year of the Monkey!

Two nights ago, I paid the Lunar Markets at Pyrmont Bay Park a visit with my Yellow Shirts double squad, Lochlantis. It's a bit far from the city, since you have to walk through Darling Harbour and further along to Pyrmont, but the trek was worth it. To be fair, we were driven to Darling Harbour, but hey you could still say it was still a trek from uni.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the Yellow Shirts program structure, we have squads of about 9 with a leader, and then two squads becomes a double squads. Each squad has a name and each double squad's name is a combination of the two. My squad happens to be Atlantis, and the other squad is Lochness Monsters... which becomes Lochlantis. It still astounds me how quickly people can become friends in programs like Yellow Shirts and Revue... But that's for another time.

It was really hard to choose something to eat - it was hard to work out what I wanted to eat. After checking out all the stalls, I settled on Ramen Battered Chicken Burger with Miso flavoured popcorn ($14) from Everybody Loves Ramen.
Ramen Battered Chicken Burger with Miso flavoured popcorn (underneath the burger) from Everybody Loves Ramen.
It looks pretty funky with the pink glaze, but it tasted AMAZING. Despite having sweet, seaweed, fried chicken and curry, it somehow all worked and tasted really good. At first I was hesitant, since I didn't want to use my hands to eat something (and I got worried that it would get messy), but I have absolutely no regrets with that one.

The other thing that caught my eye were the Hong Kong Fish Balls, Iceberg Lettuce and Curry Gravy ($6) from The Star's Fat Noodle. This was much worth the price and it was delicious in every way (as expected). The only thing that disappointed me was that I didn't take a photo. Fat Noodle also had really long lines - and I was extremely lucky that one of my friends just happened to be at the front so I got him to order for me.

Someone ordered a Yakisoba Bun ($6.50 I think!) from Kiyamachi Tei and it was a decently sized meal for what they paid. I was very close to ordering Yakisoba before I thought that I should try the Ramen Battered Chicken Burger because it looked really cool.
Yakisoba Bun from Kiyamachi Tei. It tasted good.
For dessert, we were going to go to Black Star Pastry x N2 Extreme Gelato but generally it's expensive and there's not much to it. The Sago Pudding from Mini Pancakes caught my eye, but they looked like they had caramelised fruit in it and I wasn't too keen on it. But then we spotted Mango Sago Pudding ($4) from The Century at The Star... and let's say everyone there was converted to Mango Sago Pudding lovers.
There were a few other things that interested me like Waffles on a stick (there's a huge Lochlantis in joke about waffles), Chips on a stick and Hoy Pinoy's skewers - the last two are amazing, but I already tried them at the Night Noodle Markets last year so I didn't see the point.

We also got to try the Mini Pancakes because they were handing out samples, and they were nice. I can't remember how much they were exactly, but the price would've been worth it if I wasn't so full already.
A super cute display!
There was such a lovely vibe and I had good company, and since we went on a Tuesday night the lines weren't too long either. We also happened to go at the same time as Lily May Mac so some of us got super excited.
I love the rainbow coloured lights! It made everything so much nicer.
Five members of Lochlantis + Alex our squad leader.

Total Bill: $24
= $14 (Burger) + $6 (Fish Balls) + $4 (Mango Sago Pudding)

Food: 3/5
Price: $$
Service: 3/5
Ambience: 3/5

Details and Links:
During 4th to 14th February 2016.
Website: www.sydney.lunarmarkets.com.au
Location: Pyrmont Bay Park, Pyrmont


Happy Lunar New Year friends - gong hei fat choy! May you get lots of red pockets.

With love, Sarah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter