2017: A New Year is just a continuation of the last

Thursday, January 05, 2017

Writing blog posts lately has been hard.

It's only really been in the spur of the moment (hence Coldplay) where I feel really motivated to do something where I actually manage to get it all written up, edited and then photos edited & posted. It felt someone what out of place to be posting up the Coldplay one before my Laos trip, but that's how it ended out and I didn't want it to wait.


I can't say that I'm not disappointed in the lack of views that my last post got - but when did blogging become about the numbers instead of blogging and sharing stories for enjoyment? When did it start mattering to me who actually read my blog as opposed to creating something that I'm proud of and can look back on?

I'm a bit sad that this is the first post of 2017 (whoo new year!) but to get back to the basics - blogging is about expression and sharing what you want to share. And I'm doing my best to get past the road block that's stopping me from finishing off that Global Village (Laos) post and to get past the pressure I'm putting on myself to make it really, really good.

I was reading a book recently (not surprising, since I've managed to read like 10+ books since exams finished in mid November) about a blogger which made me realise that lately more and more of my posts weren't of me speaking to you guys, but rather me talking to an audience. I guess that comes with not being completely comfortable (or used to) sharing my thoughts and feelings anymore, since I've been writing less and less in the last six months, even if it's just for me.

I also discovered that someone I knew (and read their blog) from high school started blogging again - her posts are so honest, real and relatable that I just wanted to be able to write like that and not be scared. Of course, there's always going to be aspects of my life that I keep private, but that doesn't mean my posts have to feel impersonal and a bit stilted (although sometimes they're alright, just telling you about my experiences, at least this is what I think).

GOAL: To write more freely & openly about my feelings (ie. write better) and to appreciate my blog for what it is, regardless of who reads it.  

In other news, 2016 has been one hell of a long year, and I'm so glad I made it through because I feel like there will be bigger and better things to come. I'm so grateful to all the friends I've made, all the experiences I had, all the crazed/stressed character building moments and for being able to forgive, accept and get my best friend back (love you).

Thank you to everyone who sticks around - from those who await new posts to those who happen to stumble across my humble blog - thanks for giving me that extra bit of motivation to get writing. Thank you to my friends for all the support, I really appreciate it. And in the spirit of the New Year, I hope you'll find something that inspires you.

And now for the sign off I haven't had the pleasure of writing for a while:

With love, Sarah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter