Letter to Myself

Monday, August 03, 2015

Hey friends!

Okay so before I get into everything I'm doing the City2Surf this year and raising money for ROAR Charity - please sponsor me! I will love you forever and give you lots of hugs, plus you're helping disadvantaged kids at Linganwe School in Rwanda. Here's the link: https://city2surf2015.everydayhero.com/au/sarah-52.

Anyway, I have about three drafts sitting in my posts at the moment. I was a bit stuck on what to write about this week because I'm not doing much besides uni, law revue (which has been brilliant so far, although quite tiring with the late nights and lack of adequate hours of sleep) and the usual study, sleep, eat repeat etc and I didn't feel my very late review of Inside Out or my next Unintentional Rant written almost a month ago would be worth posting. (If you want to see them, let me know in the comments).

How cute is this cat?
So instead here's my little letter to my future self.

Dear future me (this is such a cheesy beginning I just can't),

I hope that when you come back to read this at the end of the semester you can say that you've achieved all, if not most of the following things. Here goes.

Be a bit more daring, more adventurous. There's no need to be so scared of getting it wrong and doing stupid things as teenagers do. You're still a teenager, you're young. You can make mistakes - they'll be stories in the future and you'll only grow as a person. Take a risk and don't be scared of the new. (Although you did let loose and have a really good time at Law Revue's party on Saturday night - and even got do some dancing). 

Have more fun! You don't have to take everything so seriously. Especially certain aspects of Law Revue. And go clubbing at some point when you're not so exhausted because you really do enjoy dancing and going a little bit crazy to music - or have an impromptu dance party in your room that works too. 

Have a healthy mind + soul. Practice mindfulness, do some more yoga! It helped you relax and focus today so make sure you do it more. Breathing does wonders.

Exercise, and reduce the comfort eating. I am really bad with food right now - I eat emotionally and I swear most of the weight I've gained in the last year is because of this. Have better control over it - self control. Remember to exercise and do more of things you really enjoy, but make sure you mix it up or do classes because you get bored easily if you're doing it on your own. 

Work hard, play hard, but don't forget to have time to for yourself. It's good to love your friends and work hard, but remember you need to relax and have days off. Remember to dance, sing, write, sleep, binge watch YouTube videos and movies, stalk your favourite YouTubers and be open to new ideas - don't let the past hold you back. 
I hope you've had an absolute blast this semester, that Law Revue was amazing and that you've made and become closer to a lot of your friends. I hope that you feel better about yourself and you remember to relax and have time for yourself. Most importantly, remember that happiness is a choice, but you can never have the good without the bad.

With love, Sarah x

PS: Let me know what you hope you achieve in the next few months in the comments below or on Twitter. Also don't forget to sponsor me. ;)

*All images in this post belong to their respective owners.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great post Sarah! I just love writing letters to remind myself and reflect on my past actions - I guess this is all part of maturing and growth. Looking forward to your next posts. You're so good at being regular with blogging~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! Yeah I find that they help you reflect on what you should do to improve and it's really therapeutic as well :)

      Delete
  2. I'd like to see an Inside Out review!
    Also if you're into the whole 'writing letters to the future me', check out futureme.org :) I use it all the time and it's really great :') It's always great to read back messages that you wrote in the past

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will check it out! Sounds good :)
      And you might in the near future - will do my best. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter