How to Survive Being Busy

Monday, September 28, 2015

Even though Law Revue has ended, my life has been just as crazy and I'm not sure where all my time went - I found myself exhausted, skipping class and since I stuffed up rostering for work (I said "next week" when I meant the week after, even though I said the dates for the following week) I went back to my job at Luna Park and worked on days that I was meant to be at uni - a bit of a mistake on my behalf. Not to mention all the assignments that are now due, and the stress of trying to find a dress for BSOC ball. But now that it's midsem break and after partying it up at ball and working 28 hours this week on top of my internship (not to mention handing in two assignments in a week), I think it's time to relax.

My life in a nutshell. From my studyblr.
But before I do, here's my top ways of staying on top of things (from experience) when it gets tough.
  1. Make a list. I find that writing a list of all the tasks you have to do and things to organise on paper helps declutter the mind. It makes complicated tasks seem much easier, and crossing off every little task is such a rewarding experience.
  2. Use a planner/bullet journal. If it's not in my planner, it probably isn't going to happen. Now I know that this method doesn't work for everyone, but for me I find it helps me keep track of where I need to be and what I need to do, and prevents me from being needed in two places at once. Be careful you don't fill up all your time and over-commit though - know how long it takes for you to do something and give yourself ample time to recover. 
  3. Talk to your friends. They're your friends for a reason. That being said, make sure you don't always complain about how bad life is for you because you brought this upon yourself. Remember?
  4. Accept help. It's okay to let other people help you (if they can of course), and sometimes all it takes is a second opinion to make decisions, whether that's with prioritising tasks or taking a break. 
  5. Put time aside to unwind and do things for yourself. I'm guilty of not doing this enough - but I can't stress the importance of looking after your mental, emotional and physical health. Make sure you get enough rest and that way, you won't fall asleep at your study desk three nights in a row, the earliest night being at 9:30pm.
Enjoy your midsems everyone! Good luck for the coming weeks with assessments and exams.

With love, Sarah x

PS: I adore Troye Sivan's WILD EP - if you're also a fan please let me know in the comments or tweet me @seeraawu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter