Terrigal | LR15 Road Trip

Monday, December 07, 2015

I love holidays.

And although I'm going to be spending most of mine at work (like I have the last week, a full 31 + 16 hrs of it), it's great having the option of doing whatever you want or something productive when you're home. Lately all my days off have consisted of lying in bed until midday, getting up and doing a blog post or two (sadly, not for my own blog sorry) and then going to something at night, whether that be work, a get together or my sister's school concert.

Because I've been so busy lately, I can barely remember what I've done on each day - it's only because I use a planner that I can remember. My dad has a running joke about me being busier than the Prime Minister - and I literally had to pencil in a dinner with a family friend two weeks in advance because I'm busy almost every night.

And because I haven't had time to sit down and write a blog post, I'm a bit backed up. Here's my adventures in Terrigal and surrounds in photos. Most of the photos were taken by friend Rhonda on her camera (she takes some amazing photos), so I'll put a * in the caption if it's hers.

We drove up on Sunday afternoon (22nd November) and we stayed in two really beautiful, lovely beach houses. If the driveways weren't so difficult to get into and if I hadn't been to the area a lot already, I would definitely go back. I didn't take many photos of the houses because it was really hard to take photos that did them justice - although if you want to know we stayed here. Our host were super nice and helpful and we adored the vibe the houses had.

Day 2: Avoca Beach. We went kayaking in the lagoon nearby before going into catch some waves. Needless to say we caught a lot of waves and a few of us got rescued. 
We did a little day trip to Norah Head, visited a lot of beaches, made some delicious food, played drinking games and spent a lot of time together just chilling out, playing games and talking.

Here's some scenery from Norah Head:




There were a some crazy afternoons where we jumped some insane waves or just kayaked around a lagoon and I cannot be more thankful for the fun we had. I loved feeling so free spirited and just being able to pick a beach or place and drive to it - which is a huge improvement from my first road trip because we finally have drivers and cars!
Day 3: We had a really great picnic on a secluded beach at Norah Head. | *
Day 3: We cute. | *
Day 3: More beautiful people. | *
It's so easy to be with the Law Revue crew because after we spent so much time together we became this little family so we're just so comfortable around each other. It's so easy - we have our crazy moments but it's easy to find space to have quiet ones too.
Day 3: Deep in thought while we watch the waves crash against the rocks. Sometimes we just need some down time. | * 
I also had such a great time driving up on the freeway especially because I had some great company who also had really great music. Driving is so much fun! *insert super cheesy happy face* Here are my favourites:

I feel so blessed so have made such wonderful friends and be loved by such beautiful people. I have so much love for them and I'm so glad I got to spend more time with them after revue ended - it's only the beginning not the end, fam.
Day 5: Final beach swim @ Terrigal Beach (everyone else is here with us in spirit) | Anna's Instagram
It was such a good getaway and I really needed it, especially since I jumped straight into work the day after exams finished while still interning. I feel so refreshed and much happier, and over the last few weeks I feel like I've learnt more about myself and grown a bit as a person (but then again you are always changing, you just never notice yourself). I feel very blessed, and I'm looking forward to more great times in the future.

With love, Sarah x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The road trip looks like it was so much fun! Weather also must've been on point for all the beach and kayaking adventures ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were actually really lucky with weather! It rained on the first day we got there and when we left, but it was sunny every day in between :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter