Nelson's Bay | #SummerRainbows

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

At the rate I'm publishing these posts, it seems like my life is super busy and I'm always doing exciting things. The first part is true, but the second is subjective - but I will agree that my life is dynamic and doesn't often include the boredom you get from sitting at home in front of a computer for too long.


Two weeks ago I headed up to Port Stephens with my girl friends for a few nights away to catch up and get away from life in general. A lot of it was spent talking, eating, playing cards, playing music (there was a lot of Taylor Swift and EDM), making jello shots and eating said jello shots. I'm so glad we had that time together because it's always so difficult for all five of us to spend a decent amount of time together because our schedules are so packed and often clash.
Day 1: We went tobagganing in Salamander Bay which was super cool! We're laughing because we're too far for Kwynne to fit in the photo.
The first thing we did when we got there after we checked in was spontaneously go Tobogganing - I've never been before and it's actually ridiculously fun and easy! I have a bit of a need for speed so I ended up going first after I kept braking the first time to stay a safe distance from the person in front of me. We also went grocery shopping - and it's safe to say we did a pretty good job since we managed to clear out the fridge completely.
Day 2: Paddle boarding at 8am in Shoal Bay - we made it after a late night!
We also went paddle boarding the next day - that was actually also really fun even though standing up for the first time on a board was rather scary. I managed to fall in after I started rocking my board to get some cold water on my foot after I hit it with the paddle - but hey the water was nice and cool and it was quite refreshing. I enjoyed the hour so much and I really want to go paddle boarding again - it's such a good low intensity sport but it also requires strength and balance.

And of course a road trip isn't complete without some local sightseeing.
Day 3: View from Gan Gan Lookout.
Day 3: One Mile Beach. We saw a lot of little crustaceans bury themselves in the sand and then attempt to get washed back out to sea! It was fascinating.
Day 3: A long walk on One Mile Beach.
We also went to Anna Bay for Carols by Candlelight - it's the first one that I've been to and they went all out for their nativity play with live sheep, donkey and two camels. Now that I'm older I feel that I have a better understanding of the story and the time frame of the story - when I was younger it seemed like everything happened within a week but in reality, it was over several years.

It was a really enjoyable trip since we got to catch up and spend some quality time together, and I will never forget that the same guy served us when we were buying wine and looked after us when we went tobogganing - and he remembered us too.

Thanks girls for being epic.

With love, Sarah x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. PORT STEPHENS IS SOOOOOOOOO FUN omg you guys look like you had an amazing time :')

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter